In the Midwest, a broken boiler or furnace isn’t just a small issue. On especially freezing nights, at best you'll be busting out the long johns and at worst it can be dangerous for young children or the elderly or lead to frozen or bursting pipes.
Before you rush out to stock up on long underwear, let’s determine whether your furnace problems can be repaired or if you need a furnace replacement.
- Strange sounds coming from the heater
- Inaccurate thermostat reading
- Increase in energy bill
- Poor indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Delay in heating
- Inconsistent heating throughout your home
- Yellow pilot light
- The unit is under 12 years old
If you’ve come home to a house that’s just as cold as the winter outdoors, call a trusted technician for boiler and furnace services right away. If caught early enough, issues can be repaired rather than a full replacement.
While the above points are great indicators that there’s something wrong with your unit, the main indication that you need to have your boiler or furnace replaced is that professional repairs aren’t doing the trick. If you experience the following, it may seriously be time for a replacement:
- The unit is older than 12 years old
- The unit frequently turns on and off
- You experience humidification issues
Outlook: Preventative Maintenance
Would you ever skip an oil change on your car? You’d answer “YES!” if you were fine with unnecessary deterioration and compounding problems that led to breakdowns and eventually rolling to a complete stop.
Performing seasonal or annual maintenance on your furnace not only ensures that your system will continue running smoothly for a longer amount of time, but it also means that you’ll save money in the long-run – on both your energy bill and repair or replacement costs. Benefits of maintaining your furnace:
- Cut down on costly repairs
- Stop blossoming problems in their tracks
- Increase the lifespan of your unit
- Warranted peace of mind
- Keep manufacturer’s warranty in effect
- Improve energy efficiency
Whether it’s a furnace tune up or a full replacement, Master Services finds the right solution, with the right fit, within the right budget for you every time. Give our expert team a call now at 262-248-2103 and we’ll make sure you’re safe and comfortable all year round.